Last updated January 27, 2021
What Information Does EveryDistrict Collect?
We collect two (2) types of information from you: 1) information that you voluntarily supply in form fields on this Site (e.g. through the voluntary registration process); and 2) information that may be derived through automated tracking mechanisms. We do not knowingly collect personal information about individuals residing in the European Union. If you believe we have collected or processed personal information about any individuals residing in the European Union, please contact us immediately at email@example.com. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not provide any personal information about yourself to us. If you believe that a child under 16 may have given us personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect personally identifiable information when you choose to use certain features of the Site. This information includes personal information like your name, email address, city, state, zip code, and phone number that you may provide to us through various forms on the Site. When we collect this information, we ask for your email address which consents you to receive email from us.
When you choose to use these additional features, we may require you to provide your “Contact Information” in addition to other personal information that may be required to complete a transaction.
When you send us emails or other communications, we maintain those communications and their contents so that we can resolve your inquiries or otherwise assist you.
Information Collected Automatically
You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, it may affect your accessibility with the Site. You may also opt out of the collection and use of information for ad targeting by emailing email@example.com.
Third Party Analytics Services
We use third party analytics services to better understand user engagement with the Site. When you browse or use the Site, these third-party analytics services may collect your IP address, browser type, and approximate location (based on the IP address). They may also set and access cookies on your computer or other device.
How Does EveryDistrict Use the Information It Collects?
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our site;
- Send you confirmation, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- To request feedback and otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service;
- To send you emails and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you;
- To solicit donations and support for EveryDistrict;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Site;
- Personalize and improve the Site;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Measure usage and target ads; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
EveryDistrict.us is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, including for the purpose of processing donations and ad targeting;
- With EveryDistrict staff and volunteers working within our stated goals;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of EveryDistrict.us, its employees, volunteers, constituents, or others; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
We are not liable or responsible for personally identifiable or other information you choose to submit on the Site.
We take reasonable security measures to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
What Are My Options?
If any user who receives an email from the Site and would prefer not to receive such communications in the future, he or she can do so by following the instructions in the email. In addition, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to implement your opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive communications from us for up to ten business days as we process your request.
If you reside in California and have provided your personally identifiable information to us, you may request information once per calendar year about our disclosures of certain categories of your personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us in writing at email@example.com.
Who Do I Contact with Questions?